Well....No better way to start off ..but to say Am back.....!!!!!!!
from where..????????(No whereeeeeeee...)
Its a wonderful rainy morning......And Am instilled to write ....
21-Aug-08:
Three months have passed since I joined Heymath as Intern.
And We have learnt a lot.
An It was learning with lotta fun.
Ideally We worked on two mini projects for the first two months
Which sort of prepared us for the Main,
% Mini1:
Well the learning points were:
* learnt to code in java.(Seriously true man...Ajax ...reflections etc etc,)
* Used free marker Templates.
* Understood the magic of MVC..(Boomm...It came...And I was like...Crikey)
* Last but not the least....We supposedly followed good software engineering
practices...Like naming conventions...Proper commenting...(Its a bit lame to point out this...But its vitally important an issue which shudn't be neglected..A month later I open my code..And It still looks beautifulll...)
%Mini2 :
This was a veryyyy interesting one...
It centers around maintaining a File Folder directory structure ..(Like a simulation of the Windows explorer where a user can add files,add folders,drag,drop,rename,expand,collapse,etc etc,,,And the changes get reflected in the DB)
Well the learning points were,
*Learnt to code better in java.
*Used an adjacency List model (over nested set) to store hierarchical data in MySql.
*Worked with EXT JS & YUI(Now this is a bonus I'd say...Coz I started working with
YUI...And den hit a wall..Coz ..YUI does not provide an inbuilt drag drop option with the
TreeView widget.However There is a seperate drag drop utility which need to be
integrated with the custom TreeView,Somehow I managed to insert some drupal code
to make my tree nodes draggable.......But den I found out...It dint look GOOD...yeah...Am
using Yahoo User Interface kit whioch is suppiosed to make everythin look all good and
flashy...But here is my tree lookin ugly when dragged....(not my fault....)...Den showed my
ugly lookin tree to vijay anna....and explained the prob...An hark...came the saviour...EXT
JS...Vijay anna showed a custom tree view which was used in Heymath Website...An It
did look pretty cool.So thts how I resorted to EXT JS.
* Now EXT JS...Made my app look more neat(than before.)& sleek...(ya I know its not a
mobile phone and am not promoting it tooo,..,.,..but It does look sleek ya...All flashy and
nicey cicey...)
* Used JDOM for XML fior XML parsing(tried SAX before.)..
* org.json helped me with the Json object creation.
*Well I can keep listing more....
And the project spanned for about two weeks....
The rest of my friends used a different UI...(raga shyam satish with GWT,,,An Muthu
stayed with YUI)...
Well Im encouraged to write more ...more on the tech stuff tht ACTUALLY AMAZED me
while at work.....
More on tht later......Ciaooooooooo
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment